Monday, November 2, 2009

November!

I got this great idea from a friend's blog and decided it would be a fun thing to participate in. So, here goes:

It's that time of year again (can you believe that it is November already?). Time for pumpkins and gloves and long-sleeves and the November Attitude of Gratitude Challenge. For those of you who have not played before, the challenge is outlined below.

Here's how it works:
Each day during the month of November I will post three things I am grateful for. You should, too.
Definition of "things"- the term "things" is used here to encompass a myriad of stuff including, but not limited to:

  • a certain set of circumstances
  • an event
  • an inanimate object distinguished from a living being
  • possessions or effects
  • a deed or act
  • a product of work or activity
  • an idea or notion
  • a piece of news or information
  • a personal memory
  • anything that makes you smile
* The challenge is to come up with three ORIGINAL "things" each day. Try not to repeat entries.

WARNING OF POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS!!
Please note that challenge participation may result in any or all of the following:
- you will be surprised at all the Lord has done for you
- angels will attend
- you will feel help and comfort
- you will find yourself "singing as the days go by"
- your doubts will fly
(see LDS Hymn #241 for the above references)

Ok, so I already missed a day, but why not start today?

1 - I'm grateful that I finished making the boys' Halloween costumes in time. I have to admit they looked so cute, but then again, my kids would look cute in pretty much anything.

2 - I'm grateful that we made it through Sacrament meeting yesterday without having to take either of the kids out. An incredible accomplishment if you know my kids. I was actually able to pay attention to a few of the testimonies. When you have little ones, spiritual edification can be hard to come by in Sacrament Meeting.

3 - Noah's smile. He is the one person who looks absolutely elated to see me every time I see him. He is my angel baby.

1 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Yay! I'm glad that you are doing this! I think it will make for lots of good thankful posts. :)

I know what you mean about making it through sacrament meeting. It is so hard. We left twice to take Amelia to the bathroom...
Ah parenthood and spiritual matters... Makes for some creativity, and lots of patience, and humility. Oh and did I mention diligence?? I am happy you got to stay in for all of sacrament meeting!