Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crazy Days

It has been a crazy couple of days and several things have fallen by the wayside, blogging included (let's not even mention the house and the laundry). So here is my attempt to catch up and also to express some of my thoughts from this last weekend.


#1 - I'm grateful for circumstances that allow us to reflect on the most important things in life. As difficult as these circumstances may be, there is always a silver lining.

#2 - I'm grateful for our prophets and apostles. Elder Hales was at the funeral we attended yesterday and had some beautiful things to say about my uncle, the Lord, and our lives. He had such a presence about him and I have never seen someone who seemed more caring and genuine. He gave up his entire day to be with my uncle's family during this time.

#3 - I'm grateful for the musical number yesterday, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. It's one of my favorite songs and it was absolutely beautiful. It has been some time since I have felt the spirit to that degree. There is truly a power in music.

#4 - I'm am grateful for the ladies who ran the nursery yesterday. It allowed me to pay attention and be uplifted during the services.

#5 - I'm grateful for the knowledge we have of life after this. Everything would feel so empty if it weren't for a knowledge of something greater for us when we leave this life.

#6 - I'm grateful that we made the drive to and from Price safely. That drive is always a little treacherous and yesterday, conditions were less than ideal. The roads were snowy and slick, our windshield wiper fluid froze up, the sun was right in our eyes, and neither of us had sunglasses. Thankfully, Hans is a very careful driver (when he wants to be). Not only did we get there safely, but we got there on time.

#7 - I'm grateful that my kids survived a really hard day that involved a lot of missed hours of sleep. I've realized that I often underestimate my boys. It was certainly hard, but they did much better than I expected given the circumstances.

#8 - I'm grateful for babies. We had the opportunity to attend a baby blessing on Sunday and we'll attend another next week. I just love them. They grow up so fast so I forget so easily what that newborn stage is like. It's nice to be reminded every once in awhile. It almost makes me want another . . . almost, but not quite.

#9 - I'm grateful for my family. My husband and my kids mean everything to me, my parents are amazing people who have shaped the person I am, and my siblings are among my best friends. The Lord sure knew what he was doing when I put us all together.

1 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

What a great list of blessings. Loosing someone you were close too always puts life into perspective. I'm glad that you enjoyed the services, felt the spirit, and that you survived the weather and your sweet boys. I glad we can be together forever with those we love.