Saturday, November 14, 2009

Animals

Yesterday (one of these days, I'll get back on track):


#1 - I am grateful that Hans is not an animal person. No offense to all you animal lovers out there, but I could never own a pet. I am so grateful that Hans and I are on the same page when it comes to this so we'll be in agreement when our kids come begging. However, for some reason, I am not opposed to keeping chickens in a coop someday in our backyard.

#2 - I am grateful that we have a big enough backyard that makes keeping chickens back there an option. The best part is that it's big enough that I wouldn't smell them right outside my back door. I'm excited that we have the space to plant a garden in the spring and keep several fruit trees. Someday, my yard will be fruitful.

#3 - I am grateful that James wore undies almost all day yesterday with only one accident. We did put on a diaper for our outing to the grocery store because I knew we weren't ready for that yet. I didn't think he was ready for potty training quite yet, but a few months ago, we bought him a potty and some undies just to get him used to the idea. Yesterday, I let him choose whether he wanted to wear a diaper or undies. He chose undies. Maybe he's really ready for this. We'll see if it sticks.

1 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

I want chickens so badly! But its against city policy in Orem unless you have an acre... and we don't. I hope you get chickens. Can you imagine not having to buy eggs?!? that would be amazing.
Potty training was the hardest thing I have dealt with as a mother thus far. If you can potty train, you can handle anything as a mother! Good luck! Sounds like James is well on his way. :) (just one accident and WANTING to wear the undies is a good sign!)