Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A New Car!

I don't know what got into me, but one day I decided to allow Hans to buy a Land Cruiser.  I know, it's crazy.  I must really love him.  So, he drove up to Evanston last night and came back with this.  I have to admit that I do like it.  It definitely needs a new paint job and a better smell, but it is pretty sweet.  It's a 1977 and it's really in pretty good shape.  There are just a few problems.  I'm no good with a stick and there's no back seats.  So, I won't be driving it until I get some serious lessons and James won't be able to come along for a while.  


James already acts like he knows just what to do.  Doesn't Hans look so proud that his little boy already shares one of his great loves?


Hans wasted no time.  As soon as he got home from work today he went to work on the car.  This is something he really loves and he hasn't had a chance to do much car stuff in a long time, so it's fun for him to finally be able to practice his hobby.


Just another cute picture of James behind the wheel.  He really seemed to get the hang of things quick.  We didn't have to show him anything.  We just sat him in the seat and he knew what to do.



4 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

He is just too cute for words!... James, that is. :) Doesn't it guzzle gas like crazy?! My heart almost stopped when I last filled up our mini-van.

The Clevelands said...

Oh Hans!!! He cracks me up! James is so dang cute in there.... gonna be just like daddy! :)

The Pratts said...

Cami - don't let your Dad work on that with him - Land Cruisers are bad luck in our office! Have fun with it though!

Banks Family said...

I must admit too, I loved driving it. How fun you guys will have when you really take it diggin! James does look like a natural!