Thursday, May 15, 2008

Jazz Shout Out!




I'm going to deviate from my usual format for a moment here and vent.  First, I want to send a big shout out to my Utah Jazz.  Yes, they lost in LA last night, but can you really blame them.  I mean they struggled in the first quarter, but then seemed to kind of get things together and played up to the Lakers level, even, in my opinion, outplaying them for much of the second half.  However, it seemed quite obvious to me that the omnipotent officiating crew had it in for my beloved Jazz. 

Did it seem strange to anybody else that as soon we start really getting opportunities to start taking the lead, outrageous calls start coming from the officials.  Not to mention the blatant fouls on the Lakers that seemed to slip by.  In my opinion, the NBA wants to protect their precious MVP.  I mean, he is the MVP, so wouldn't it be a shame if he didn't win a championship this year?  NO!  If the Lakers don't earn a win, they shouldn't be given preferential treatment to make sure they get it, no matter who they have playing on their team.  All I'm asking for is a little fairness here.  I've watched the Jazz for years and I'm tired of them getting the short end of the stick when it comes to the calls.  They're an incredibly talented team and I think they could really do great things if the officials quit betting on games and put their prejudices aside.  So, they're not the most popular team out there.  We don't have a Kobe Bryant or a LeBron James, but don't we deserve just as much of a chance as any other team out there?

Ok!  All that being said, I still believe in my Jazz.  Every article I've read completely discounts the possibility of a game 7.  Come on, show a little faith.  The Jazz have too much pride to let the Lakers take a game 6 in the ESA.  And I think the Lakers should be very worried about a game 7.  Yes, it's in the Staples Center, but why can't they win?  Stranger things have happened in the playoffs.  Game 5 proves to me that the Jazz can outplay the Lakers in the Staples Center.  It's just a matter of whether or not they can outplay them enough to overcome the preferential treatment that Kobe and the rest of the team receive from the officials.

For those of you who are still reading, thanks for letting me vent.  I hope you all tune in tomorrow night at 8:30 on KJZZ to watch the Jazz stomp on the Lakers.  GO JAZZ!!

2 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

when ever my husband and I start investing emotion and time into the utah jazz we are always disappointed. We are still cheering them on despite the loss. they were so close! and yet, so far...

Banks Family said...

I bet you were upset you didnt get to see the final game like Hans. I'd say he ows you big!