Friday, May 9, 2008

Baby Bryton!

On Tuesday, little Bryton finally came into the world.  A big congrats to Reed and Megan.  It was a race to see who's birthday he would be born on.  I was betting it would be mine, but he came a little slower than we thought (and much slower than Megan would have liked).  So, in the end, Marissa was the winner.  Lucky her.  We were able to visit at a rare moment when his eyes were open.  Isn't he so cute.  It's easy to forget how little brand new babies are when I have this huge kid crawling all over the house.  It's so fun to just hold a baby who will lay still and not try to go somewhere every second.

This is the closest we let James get.  He thought the baby was pretty cool, but we thought it best to keep them apart.  James has a new fascination with noses, ears, hair, and anything else he can pull so it looks like Bryton will be off limits until he has gotten well past this stage.

I love being an aunt.  It's so fun to be able to hold cute babies and do fun stuff with nieces and nephews and then let their parents do the dirty stuff.  I have my own dirty diapers to deal with.

Here's the birthday girl with the brand new birthday boy.

4 comments:

The Pratts said...

Congrats on the cute little nephew! He is adorable!
okay, as for the book, the 4th come out August 2nd and the movie Dec 12th! I am so excited - plan a big girls night out in Dec we are all going to the movies!

PS glad you found me!

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

So happy you have a blog! I think Bryton looks like Megan! So cute!

Banks Family said...

So cute, little babies are so precious. Congrats on being a new aunt.

-Special Mothertivity- said...

he's a cutie! I am excited to have a baby boy!!! and, I know, I forget how small they come too. Its a good thing, otherwise, they would have trouble comin' out!