Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Birthdays, Flowers, and Spring!!

It's May!!  That means it's Spring.  I know it has actually been Spring for a while now, but now it actually feels like it.  I am so excited!  My family has four birthdays in May (as of 4:00 this morning, the count is up to 5) so on Sunday we held a big birthday party for everyone.  Hans and I were among the birthday kids.  My birthday was yesterday and Hans' is on the 25th.  Here's Hans with one of his favorite birthday desserts, homemade cheesecake.  Hmm, that doesn't look like enough candles.  Between the four birthdays, we would have needed 89 candles, so it's probably a good thing we scaled things down a little.


James was being a stinker for the entire party, so he had to sit on my lap the whole time.  He sure thought those candles were fascinating though.


Here's James with another birthday girl.  Marissa is turning the big 2-0.  Happy Birthday today, Marissa!!

James loves playing with his aunt Katie.  This is one of his favorite things to do with her.  He kind of looks like a monkey, huh?


Yesterday, I planted flowers!!!  I got a few pots for my birthday and a bunch of flowers from my mother-in-law.  I stayed out way past daylight to get them planted while Hans sat and looked on.  He wants nothing to do with anything that involves flowers.  James thought the flowers were pretty cool, but he definitely likes the dirt better.  I think he prefers the taste. 



3 comments:

The Clevelands said...

Hope you had a great birthday! The flower pots look great... and james looks just like Hans in some of these pictures! Too cute!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

YAY for flowers!! I just love flowrs! You did a lovely job planting them. I hope you had a great birthday! You and Hans better plan to not have babies in May, having both your birthday's in one month will be hard enough on a waist line. ;) I am happy spring is finally here too!

Banks Family said...

Great looking pots, you have a talent for puting them all together. Happy Birthday you guys!