Thursday, April 23, 2009

Outing

I've always heard crazy stories from mothers, mostly my own, about how hard normal everyday things are with kids. I always got a pretty good kick out of them until yesterday. I realized that those stories are not just stories anymore. They are my life.


Of course the grocery store is always difficult. At Macey's, they have these huge carts with a car on the front and those are wonderful. James sits in there the whole time, pretends like he's driving, and doesn't make a peep. Sometimes, I forget I have two kids. However, Albertson's is not so wonderful. I usually go to Albertson's a few times a week to take advantage of great deals, but boy, is it rough. Noah sits in his seat quiet as can be, but James is a different story. If he's walking around he is either begging to be held or ripping things off the shelves. If I put him in the cart, he tries to rip open all the packages of the things I'm buying. It's a lose-lose.

Yesterday, I thought I would be brave and go to the mall on my own to try to find something for us to wear to Marissa's wedding this weekend. I love my double stroller, but it sure can be difficult in the mall, especially when none of the handicap buttons by the doors work. I was feeling pretty accomplished after finding some new khaki pants for 5 bucks at Children's Place for James. Then I moved on to find something for myself. I walked into a store, found what I was looking for and made my way back to the dressing rooms (so difficult with a double wide stroller). I had to stop a few times on the way to pick up the clothes that James had ripped off the racks. While in the dressing room, James opens the door over and over and over again (he has a strange obsession with doors). I finally got him to quit that and he started crawling underneath the door. So here I am, half naked, dragging James back into the dressing room by his foot. Needless to say, the shopping trip wasn't near as productive as I had hoped it would be.

I got home and crashed on the couch, completely exhausted. Then I got to thinking. What on earth am I going to do when Noah can walk? That's a scary thought!

3 comments:

joylyn said...

Oh my, this is what I have to look forward to when my little one comes. hmmm Oh, what double stroller did you get? Do you like it? I need to get one.

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Or when you have three kids?! Seriously know exactly how you feel and what you go through. I struggle too, like you, just buy groceries. They will grow out of it- and lets just hope James grows out of it by the time Noah is starting. If Amelia isn't over that stage and a bit more obeient by the time Miles can walk, I think we might all starve. ;)

The Clevelands said...

Laughing at your last two posts! Cami,you crack me up! First of all, congratulations on your couponing... sounds like you don't need to go to another class. Second, Cooper is almost as busy as James, so I'm getting nervous about what's in store for me!