Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bragging Rights!

You'll have to excuse me, but I feel the need to brag for just a minute. I get a little excited about grocery shopping these days and I want the whole world to know what kind of deals I'm getting.


#1 - Yesterday, I went to Wal-Mart and came out with 7 bags of groceries and only paid $17 (down from $49 before coupons). That included Kraft salad dressing for $.08, Duncan Hines cake mix for $.61 and McCormick seasoning packets for FREE!

#2 - I also hit up Albertson's in the afternoon. After buying six boxes of Raisin Bran, the store actually owed me $0.57. That's right! They paid me to take home a bunch of Raisin Bran.

#3 - Today, I went to another Albertson's and spent a total of $6.78. I walked away with 6 3-packs of Treetop juice boxes, 6 boxes of Ronzoni SmartTaste pasta (the good stuff), and 3 boxes of Red Baron French Bread Pizza. Can you believe it? I actually had to do that in few different transactions, but for one of my transactions, I only paid 9 cents!

I'm still in awe at how incredible this is and I still feel like I'm doing something illegal. It kind of does feel like a full time job, but hey, it's worth it.

3 comments:

joylyn said...

I'm just starting to try to figure out this couponing thing and right now I am just bewildered, but hopefully in the future I will be able to save big like you are. Great job!

Jenn said...

I know how you feel. I've been doing it for a year or so, and I love it. It does take a long time, but it's fun to eat free food. One time I got a ton of stuff and paid $.35 and I thought that the store was going call me later and told me I stole or something. Now I know better. THey don't really care! It's fun. Couponing is fun!

--Jenn Matthews

Bruce and Randi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.