Thursday, July 24, 2008

SWIMMING!

I'm sorry, I don't have any pictures, but I felt this was worth mentioning.  Yesterday, James went swimming in his little pool that Grandma and Grandpa gave him for his birthday.  Believe it or not, it was a major success.  He walked all around the edge, threw toys around in the water, and even crawled around quite a bit.  Some of you may think this is totally dumb, but if you knew the extent of his fear of the water, you would be amazed.  So there is hope for him after all.  Hans is overjoyed and I'm starting to feel like he might actually be my son.  Lake Powell, here we come!

5 comments:

The Clevelands said...

I didn't even think about Lake Powell and how miserable it would be for him if he wouldn't get in the water! So happy that he's finally getting in a little! He'll be swimmin' in no time!

Banks Family said...

Good news! I knew his breakthrough was coming!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Seriously, it has to be the right kind of water, where they feel like they are somewhat in control. Amelia is the same way. She HATES big pools (when she can't touch the bottom) and didn't like wadding pools for so long. That's so exciting he is warming up to water!! We went down to veterans pool in provo and that was a big hit! The children's area there is wonderful! The next time I go, maybe you and James could come along! It great for the little ones. And I love to sit in the water too! nice and cool...

Katie said...

Well, I feel like I need to represent us Payne's because they're all too slow or lazy to comment. Your blog is thriving! Ours it terrible! Anyway, I'm very glad to hear about James' water phobia improvement. I thought about taking him to the pool the other day but decided against it knowing he probably wounldn't enjoy it at all. Maybe I will next time I can.

The Pratts said...

How does he do in the bath tub? Emma went through a period of like 3-4 months when every time I gave her a bath it was a horrible experience. Jared and I would have to do it together, one to hold her and one to wash. She did get over it, but it was strange and awful! I hope this is the start of a new happier water time for James!