Thursday, July 17, 2008

Crazy Weekend!

We had a very eventful weekend.  It was tons of fun and James enjoyed every second of it.  Ok, maybe not every second.  Just the parts that didn't involve water.  On Saturday, we went up to Deer Creek to spend a little time out on the boat.  James pouted and whined almost the whole time except when he got to sit on Grandpa's lap and feel like he was driving the boat.  If he has a steering wheel and buttons to push, he's feeling great.





























Hans got to do a little wakeboarding.  Check out that sweet tan!  I even got up for a bit.  It was far from graceful, but I haven't been wakeboarding since before I got pregnant with James.  Looks like I'll be taking another break for awhile.





























On Sunday, we had a combined birthday party for James and Kaden with my family.  Kaden is six years old!  So for the festivities, I was in charge of the cake.  I wanted to do something a little different.  This is what I came up with.  It took me all day and I had to have Hans help me a little bit with the head after I kind of had a breakdown.  Anyway, I'm glad it turned out.


















James is trying to figure out what he's supposed to make of that candle.  Good thing Marissa was there to blow it out for him.


















On Monday, we had another party with Hans' family.  This time, we went with a store-bought ice cream cake.  I couldn't handle another marathon baking day like the one before.


















1 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

How fun to go out on a boat! I am impressed you went wake boarding while prego. :) I'm glad you felt up for it! The cake you made looks AMAZING!! I am totally impressed! Isn't it crazy that James is 1 year old already??!!