Wednesday, May 6, 2009

House Update!


I've had so many people ask me about what happened with this house, so I thought I should post a quick update. Well, here is a picture of the house. So cute, huh? I love it.


So, on Monday, we got word from the seller that they would be sending us a counter offer. I was so nervous because I knew we couldn't go any higher than our original offer. About an hour later, our realtor received the offer and gave us a call. All they wanted was to be able to take the fridge with them. I was so relieved! We ran right over to the office and signed the counter offer right away. But all is not well quite yet. This is a short sale, so the bank still has to approve everything and that could take months, if they even approve it at all. We're preparing ourselves for a long wait, but hopefully it won't take too long.

Up to this point, we feel so lucky. I feel like everything has gone so much smoother than I could have ever hoped. When we looked at the house on Saturday, we knew that there were three other offers already going in, so I felt like it was such a long shot. I just knew I was setting myself up for a huge letdown, but I loved the house so much, I felt like we at least needed to try. It turns out that there ended up being a total of six offers and ours is the only one the seller is even presenting to the bank. I couldn't be happier with the way things are going and we're just praying that this isn't too good to be true. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

2 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

That house is in my sister's ward! It is a fantastic ward. We've acctually looked at that house too. (just pictures online.) I hope you get it! It is in such a great location and it is super cute! My fingers are crossed for you!

Bruce and Randi said...

where is it? how many sq feet? beds? baths?